Thursday, July 9, 2015

I need your honest opinion...



I wanted to finish a series of stories for children and I had it in my mind for months. This morning I finally started. I have a feeling that it is rather dark. Shall I continue writing something else or shall I just stick with it? I need your honest opinion...


Irini’s stories #1 Love thyself as you would others. 
It was a cold winter night. The empty streets in the small city of Kena and the complete darkness suggested everybody was asleep at 10 o’ clock. A small shadow appeared in the side way, and it start
ed getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger, until a small girl came out in the street lights. 
She was about 12 to 13. Her body slim and fit, her shoulders and chest broad. She walked thoughtful carrying a black backpack with a wolf design patch sewed on the front pocket. She wore a black suit with a hood and the only thing that revealed she was a girl in the darkness of the night was a pink ribbon hanging at her cheek, tying her hair into a long braid. 
She suddenly turned into a small alley and stopped in front of a house with a blue door. She opened her bag, and took out a set of keys. Unlocking the door, she appeared in front of a circular room. Curving openings led to different rooms. No doors. No conventional furniture. Everything was built; the table, the sittings, the kitchen stool, the large book case that dominated the atmosphere looking ready to embrace the little girl. 
“Irini, are you here, darling?” 
“Yes, mum! I just got in.”
A woman with a turquoise satin robe appeared. Her luscious, red, curly, long hair hung loose at her back making a red wavy sea crowning her beautiful face and giving gave her an air of a queen. She looked at her daughter with immense love as always, hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. 
“How was the practice, love?”
Irini looked at her with a look of despair in her eyes. 
“I do not know. I keep failing the teacher. I just can’t do half of the stuff. It is so difficult, and yet….”
“Yes, go on…” 
“It makes me feel like flying. I feel like a turtle and yet, I feel like I am flying at the same time. Capoeira is just amazing. I am listening to the music and pictures come out of my mind and the world is beautiful, full of light. And then, I look in the mirror. And I am still here, ugly and clumsy and it is just not working out. I fail myself and my teacher.”
Her mother takes her in her arms and gives her a big hug. 
“My Irini, you will always be my baby, you know that. But, I feel like you are growing. And while you do that you will learn to accept who you are. You told me

No comments:

Post a Comment